RSS

powered by

My Blog

Postpartum support

17 Comments to Postpartum support:

Comments RSS
Jennifer on Monday, January 06, 2014 6:52 PM
If anyone would like to join the blog please lets start with a check in.
Reply to comment

joanna on Monday, January 06, 2014 6:54 PM
checking in
Reply to comment

Jennifer on Monday, January 06, 2014 6:55 PM
Hi Joanna, how old is your baby?

joanna on Monday, January 06, 2014 6:58 PM
7 months
Reply to comment

Jennifer on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:00 PM
Ok Are you back to work or are you a stay at home mom? Are you experiencing some symptoms of PPD do you think?

Joanna on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:08 PM
I work at least 20 hr a week since Kandice was 4 months old... I wasn't planing on going back to work but my husband got laid off and we needed the money. I have had ppd since she was born. I have talked with psychologist and have been meeting with them weekly but I don't feel its helping at all. out side of caring for Kandice I feel like life just isn't worth living anymore.
Reply to comment

Jennifer on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:11 PM
I am soooo sorry that you are feeling that way. I completely understand. I went through the same thing. I was about 7 months postpartum until I actually sought help. Are you taking any meds? Do you have friends in the area that can offer support (emotionally)?

joanna on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:14 PM
no i am breast feeding I don't want any drugs. dr gave me a scrip i ripped it up.
Reply to comment

Jennifer on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:15 PM
Is your husband still laid off from work?

joanna on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:16 PM
Reply to comment

Jennifer on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:17 PM
Do you have any other support? Friends or family that are local?

joanna on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:24 PM
what do you mean by support? his parents live 5 min down the road but I would rather let a high school student babysit Kandice than his mom. my mom watches Kandice when I work on days that she has off. Most of my aunts and uncles are out of state...friends are hard to come by I feel like non of them want to be around me any more cuz all I want to do is cry.
Reply to comment

Jennifer on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:31 PM
That is what I meant by support. What other symptoms are you feeling? It is very difficult going through this when you are feeling completely alone. I understand. We were new to the area and my family was over an hour away. Did you enjoy Monday Morning moms?

joanna on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:26 PM
I just wanna be able to enjoy her and not feel horrible when I leave her.I miss her so much when I am away from her
Reply to comment

joanna on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:34 PM
if im not with her I dont want to keep on living. I feel worthless to the world. what is monday morning moms?
Reply to comment

Jennifer on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:40 PM
I'm sorry I thought you may have attended this morning. Monday Morning Moms continues to support new and experienced moms, as well as pregnant mothers-to-be. The moms learn about breastfeeding and help them overcome challenges that can be faced – difficulties like unsupportive relatives or how to manage pumping breast milk at work. It is free if you attended prenatal classes. If you did not there is a 30 a year fee. They meet every Monday from 11-12:30. It is a great place to meet other mom's and feel "human" again.
Reply to comment

joanna on Monday, January 06, 2014 7:50 PM
I did not deliver at lhvh they where to $$$$$. I had Kandice at scared heart they where about $12,000 cheaper...right now I am willing to try for any kinda support i can get if it will make me happy again.
Reply to comment